Monday, November 9, 2009

Bands dont make you cool..

I will call this guy Bandly (get it band and ly.. like bradly..ugh dont judge).


It was a nice summer day out and I just got off of work when I decided to sit outside on the patio (I work at starbucks for those of you who have lived on mars and dont know) and read a book. I was totally enjoying the day and my book and also feeling a little anti-guy (yes I know I feel that way alot but can you blame me? if you do, read some of my other blogs) when out of no where this nice looking young man came up to me and said "I've been wanting to tell you that you are so beautiful and I would like to ask if I can get your number".. I thought to myself gees cant a girl just sit and read in peace????? but of course because I was at work and I HAVE to be nice at work I said well "thank you and sure.. its blah blah blah.." well he continued to come into work and we got to know each other quite well and he even took me out to dinner once.. which was a weird situation. only because he was really awkward and he kept thinking I was mad or something which got really annoying after I told him for the 100th time that I was fine.. reguardless of this awkward dinner and not to mention the awkward kiss (if thats what we will call it) we continued to hang out..(Im a real nice girl...) and the more time I spent with him it became clear he thought he was.. well the shit... and this is mearly why.. he was in a band... BUT it was not just a rock back or a tuba band.. no, a country band.. yes my friends a country band.. (no I do not have anything against country music). He seemed to think he was the hottest thing ever and he let me know it. He always talked about how cool he was and where his next show was (which was normally at hotel banquets or some stupid nonsense) and this was the breaking point.. (like I said Im nice and I am aware it took me like 1 month to kick his band ass to the curb) I swear to god he came up to work and said "I went to coyote ugly last night.. and when we walked in alllllll the bartender girls were all over us and we got to drink VIP all night, it was so tight... she thought I was hot.... and they were dancing on the bar and we were on the bar too... they were all dancing on us..... we were so cool....we are so hot..." I finally told him.. "you know.. Im just not feeling things between us.. Im reallllllllly sorry and I feel reeeeeaaaalllly bad and I hope you understand that its just not gonna work out.." he was mad (I think he even cried) and for the next 5 months he tried to make me real mad by coming into work and not talk to me...and make me feel like Im missing out on a real star by handing all my female coworkers his cd.. (yeah totally missed out)

just let this be known.. Bands dont make you cool...

1 comment:

  1. o and don't forget then, that your mother kept seeing him everywhere for a month or two, strange beans. and then don't forget that's probably why he didn't come out for encore this morning....hehe

    ReplyDelete