Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Downtown Dumbass

I was downtown the other night with a few girlfriends at cowboy lounge for ladies night when a strange man came up to me and said "Katie o my god hi!" .... who the hell is this? taking in subject... parted hair neatly combed and gelled, check.. pink button up shirt, check... sweater tied around waist... wait what? I know that sweater... I remember thinking this exact thought about what a queer this guy looks like sometime before... O my god.. this can not be. I met this guy like 2 years ago downtown at lodos on beer pong night. And cue my story...

It was a cold night in Lower Downtown Denver when my friends and I arrived at LODOS bar and grill to do the usual drinking and socializing when I met this guy, and Im sorry I cant remember his name for the life of me, when this special occasion occurred. And this is how this guy introduced him self to me.. Heyyyy we went to highschool, you remember me? WTF who is this guy.. takin in subject: neatly parted hair combed to the side and neatly gelled, check ... purple button up shirt, check... sweater tied around shoulders, check.. (which later became tied around his waist) me: uh hi.. no I dont remember you I'm sorry where did you go to school? Him: ummmmm northwest high right? me: rolling eyes no not even close. him: oh well hi my name is.. ___ I dont remember me: hi Im Katie.. Him: can I buy you a drink? (please keep in mind that I was a small little rookie of downtown denver and had no clue how to deal with creeper guys) anyway long story short (kinda) he bought me a drink and we ended up talking (I mean I couldnt be mean could I? *snorts*) and I swear he got so drunk he told me this 5 hour long story (exaggeration added for emphasis) about "him and his friend just moving up to town and meeting these girls who they hung out with all night and his friend was so into this girl he told her that he lived right next to her and would share a taxi with her but in reality he had no idea where he ended up at and didnt know how to get home" me:... Okkk wow great story dude. Well it was GREAT meeting you.. him: wait can I get your number? me: umm ( f my life) sure... *scribble scribble* ok bye :) well luckly he never really called me (must have been due to my accidental scribble of my number). But lucky me I ran into him the following week at the same bar.. (f my life again) and blah blah he bought me a beer or 5 (what? It was the only way to deal with this guy, whom I swear was wearing a sweater on his waist again) And I swear he got so drunk he told me the exact same story the exact same way with his exact same smelly breath and wearing his gay little sweater.. me: alright well that was an awsome story.. him: can I buy you another beeME: YES PLEASE!!!!!! me: ok well thanks for the beer have a good night. and I walked away hoping to never see him, again until 2 years later and dont worry when I saw him a few weeks ago (and much more experience under my downtown belt) I quickly ran away before he could tell me his amazing adventures..

And good night. xoxo

1 comment: