Friday, October 30, 2009

A day Ill never forget.. October 30th 2004


Ill never forget the huge sacrifice that was made on this cold October day. I was sitting watching TV when I got the call from my brother.. That our good friend Andrew Reidel was killed in action in Iraq.. It didnt really hit me till we were all (and by all I mean most of Northglenn High School) sitting in that Church all faces soaked with tears.. He was such a tall guy and very funny.. I have very few memories as though the small ones have seemed to fade but the important ones have stuck in my mind pasted there with the glue his smile brought. I remember one night Tony Chad Andrew and the rest of the crew and myself were at the Ranch Roofs (a place where we would climb on the rooftop of this building and we would sit there and drink and watch the cars pass on 120th) This piticualr night the cops were called (could have been the fact that there was about 10 of us up there) and we had to book it off the back part.. we didnt really know how we were going to get down with out getting hurt but there was Andrew the only one tall enough to stay there and help all of us short people down and book it across the field.. I should have know then that he was meant for what he did. To help people. He is forever in my heart along with a bunch of us.. Its hard to believe its been 5 years, it seems like just yesterday. Thanks for what you did my friend.. A true hero indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment